EAR$ Marketing Lesson 1
Using the EAR$ Framework to Grow Your Podcast
Next Up: How to Improve Your Listener Retention
- Marketing is most confusing, frustrating, and ineffective when you don’t have a solid, structured framework to guide your actions & decision-making.
- Once you introduce that structure, however, marketing instantly makes a lot more sense, and you’re able to make smart, intentional decisions about where to focus your time and effort.
- The EAR$ Marketing Framework is a 4-part system that will guide your marketing efforts. The four components are:
- Exposure: Your ability/system to get in front of new best-fit audience members.
- Attraction: Your ability/system to convert attention into engagement (subscription to show or email list, social follow, link click, etc).
- Retention: Your ability/system to keep new and existing listeners and audience members coming back once they engage for the first time.
- $$$: Your ability/system to generate revenue from your show.
- All four of these components need to be addressed for your marketing to be effective. If you’re missing even one, the effectiveness of your entire marketing strategy will be limited.
Take the EAR$ Audit
If you haven’t already taken the free EAR$ Audit, click the link below to get your personalized marketing assessment. It takes 2-minutes and will help you make the most of the rest of the course